Monday, March 06, 2006

Liberty and Midwifery

This entry will be short and sweet! Nebraska Friends of Midwives has just launched a new website. This was yet another project I drafted my talented husband for. Thank you honey!

While we're on the subject of midwifery, it is interesting to note that the Libertarian Party is the only major party to take a stand on home birth in their official party platform:

"We hold that individual rights should not be denied or abridged on the basis of sex. It is the right and obligation of the pregnant woman, not the state, to decide the desirability or appropriateness of prenatal testing, Caesarean births, fetal surgery, voluntary surrogacy arrangements and/or home births. "

(Section I, #20 of the National Platform of the Libertarian Party)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama Liberty-- I am over here from anti-homebirth blog--- I plan to look at the maternal mortality stats and see when the doc's stats caught up with the midwifery training studies -- I am thinking not until after abx but it could even be longer than that.
will send them on when I put it together along with the links for the documents they come from-- maybe it will help next time legislation comes up-- you will have a bit of amo against the 1920's document the doc presented. --
take care mama
anon S

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home